[GRASS5] Roadmap: Numbering

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Aug 12 14:28:43 EDT 2003

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 05:12:55PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
> >
> > So you want to delete the brownish 6.0.x part
> > of
> > http://grass.itc.it/roadmap.html
> >
> > Or keep it and replace "6.0.x"  by 5.?.x" ?
>
> Keep it and replace 6.0.x.

Perhaps the brown and red lines should be at the same horizontal level as
they are the same CVS HEAD. It could be called '6+' or '5.7+' or
something, just to emphasise that it is not going to be only 6.0.x releases
made from this branch. But it is kind of nice to include the 6 in the name
as a motivation and reminder that we are working towards version 6

> > As the code mix approach won't be there forever,
> > we need a new step of development.
>
> That just hold before we shift the major development over.
> We were pretty close doing so, but 5.3.x cut into that.

I don't think it was close at all. That's why I chose to make major
improvements to the 5.0 CVS as I could see the merge would be a long time
coming. Although it is definitely closer now that it was then and I will
put future new functionality only into 5.7 as far as I can

Paul