[GRASS5] v.out.dxf: small updates -> useless + tip

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Aug 26 05:48:06 EDT 2003

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 tlaronde at polynum.org wrote:

> - when the file have texts, the programs generally zoom on the data;
when
> there are no, the whole extend is displayed from $INSBASE to east most.
> - specifying $PLIMMIN and $PLIMMAX could do the trick but these exist not
> in DXF R10.
>
> As a result, this is probably not the trouble to change just that.

Make a patch and send it to the list so people can test it and see if it
is worth doing (see below).

> BTW, could still the backup and OLD sections be removed if there are believed
> to be useless, reducing the size of the code to look at?

Yes, I think so. Looks like the OLD sections date back to before GRASS 4
(late 1980s). You should make changes to your local CVS version and then
generate a patch using the 'cvs diff -u' command, then send it to the list
for discussion.