[GRASS5] [bug #2072] (grass) r.colors: add color scale like s.surf.rst makes

Harmisch Bowman via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Dec 2 02:57:06 EST 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2072

Request number 2072 was commented on by 'hbowman' (Harmisch Bowman).
Responding to this message will send mail to the requestor.

			Request Tracker
			rt at intevation.de

Cc: grass5 at grass.itc.it

> Here a general (European) DTM color table proposal:
>
> 0 0 150 0
> 270 90 165 90
> 300 90 175 90
> 500 50 180 50
> 500 70 170 70
> 1000 70 145 75
> 1000 70 155 75
> 2000 150 156 100
> 2800 220 220 220
> 3000 255 255 255
> 3800 255 255 255
> nv 255 255 255
>
> Markus

I'd add to that:

-500 0 0 30
-100 0 0 200
-1 150 150 255

for continental shelves, or maybe to cover the deep oceans from the Marianas
Trench something like:

-11000 0 0 0
-1000 0 0 30
-500 0 0 200
-1 150 150 255

Maybe better to start seeing color about -3000m or scale from min value?
(I just picked these, maybe GMT or someone else has something better already)

and replace the 3800 line with:
8850 255 255 255

to go to the top of Mount Everest. (might as well!)

we'd need to check versus PROJ_UNITS to translate from meters first..

so:

-11000 0 0 0
-500 0 0 30
-100 0 0 200