[GRASS5] Re: GDAL binaries for OSX

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Dec 9 05:00:47 EST 2003

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 09:42:53PM +1300, Hamish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> just downloaded the GDAL binary for OSX from
> http://mpa.itc.it/markus/grass57/macosx/

Hi Hamish,

in a few days this page will be reomved :-)
I am waiting for a person to take over these efforts,
so I'll leave it as-is for now.

[...]
> dyld: ../bin/gdalinfo can't open library: /Users/markus/gdal/gdal-1.1.9-cvs-30-oct-2003-linux-bin/lib/libgdal.1.dylib  (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
> Trace/BPT trap

Looks like a path problem.

[...]
> Note 1: Fink must be installed for this GDAL install.

Yes. I thought that GDAL/GRASS without FINK is impossible?

> Note 2: the above webpage ask you to copy non-existant files to /sw/include

Sorry. The next maintainer will do better.

> thanks,
> Hamish
> (who knows very little about OSX)

I know nothing about OSX, that's why I will leave it to others.

Markus