[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1998] Re: Installing grass57_exp_2003_10_25 on MacX

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Dec 10 10:24:20 EST 2003

Hello Scott

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Scott W Mitchell wrote:

> On 9-Dec-03, at 05:36, Markus Neteler wrote:
>  > On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 09:39:22PM +0000, Paul Kelly wrote:
> >> I also think this means all the EXTRA_LIBS lines can be removed from
> >> the
> >> library Makefiles again now but since I haven't got an OSX system to
> >> test it I don't want to risk doing this. It's nice to see the
> >> Makefiles
> >> tidy and as short as possible though.
> >
> > Generally agreed - someone with MacOSX system may try and post the
> > result. I am too far from a Mac to try myself.
> >

> > Markus
> >

> What constitutes a test ?  On an os 10.3 system, I went in to lib/ogsf,
> then moved to lib/gis figuring that's a better test, and removed the
> EXTRA_LIBS file from the 2 makefiles, then recompiled.  Went smoothly,
> and I can digitize a line, display rasters and run r.mapcalc.

Just as long as it compiles (you are using shared libraries of course?) I
think should be OK. I will remove just one or two from CVS then (maybe gis
and proj) and see if there are any bug reports.

The main thing I worried about the EXTRA_LIBS was it might make the libraries
bigger if you were compiling statically, but I didn't test this and could be
completely wrong.

Paul