[GRASS5] GMSL/g3d error on OSX compile

William K woklist at charter.net
Wed Dec 10 22:19:22 EST 2003

[looking at the log again]

On Dec 10, 2003, at 6:44 PM, Glynn Clements wrote:

>> Or is Apple's GLw buggered?  Yet showdspf.openGL compiled
>> successfully.
>
> In which case, the check succeeded.
>
> If you have GLwCreateM1DrawingArea and GLwCreateM2DrawingArea in
> libGLw.a (this is the case for the XFree86 version), the first attempt
> will fail, but the second attempt will succeed.
>
> The configure output will look like:
>
> 	checking for GLwCreateMDrawingArea in -lGLw... no
> 	checking for GLwCreateM1DrawingArea in -lGLw... yes

Yep, there it is (tucked away between some warnings I need to look into
- I think I need to leave Apple's freetype alone ^_^):

	configure:10777: checking for GLwCreateM1DrawingArea in -lGLw

after the first one failed, and no failure after this one.

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.