[GRASS5] GMSL/g3d error on OSX compile

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 22:29:50 EST 2003

> Strangely, now that I look at it again, tho I find libGLw.a (it comes
> with Apple's X11), I see that configure failed to find GLw because
> _GLwCreateMDrawingArea was missing (it finds the GLw headers).  There
> are _GLwCreateM1DrawingArea and _GLwCreateM2DrawingArea though, and
> GLwCreateMDrawingArea is #defined in GLwDrawA.h to be one of those
> depending on the Motif version.  So maybe the configure test needs
> work?  Or is Apple's GLw buggered?  Yet showdspf.openGL compiled
> successfully.

Yes saw this yesterday before installing lesstif. It found GLw in the
first place it looked, but the test compile failed because of the
missing motif stuff. Then it couldn't find another GLw & went on..
After installing lesstif from Fink, all was well.

### GRASS 5.3 compile on Max OSX 10.3 ###

Needed fink packages for a compile:
  (maybe missed some)
fftw
freetype2
g77
lesstif
libjpeg
libpng3
libtiff
readline
unixodbc2

If you want postgres try unstable or the postgres-ssl package.
You should install PROJ.4 and GDAL to /usr/local somehow too..

Download latest GRASS 5.3-CVS snapshot,
mkdir ~/src
cd ~/src
tar xzf ~/Desktop/grass53_cvs_DATE.tar.gz
mv grass53_cvs_DATE grass53/
cd grass53/
cvs login
pw:grass
cvs -z3 update -dP

# this is about as concise/correct as I could get it:

CFLAGS="-Wall" LDFLAGS="-s" ./configure \
  --enable-shared \
  --with-includes="/usr/X11R6/include /sw/include" \
  --with-libs="/usr/X11R6/lib /sw/lib" \
  --without-gd --without-proj --without-postgres \
  --with-gdal --with-readline --with-glw \
  --with-motif --with-cxx --with-odbc \
  --with-freetype --with-freetype-includes=/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2

# again, it might be a good idea to include proj & postgres support
# maybe use --with-freetype-includes=/sw/include/freetype2
# r.terraflow will fail so --with-cxx is currently useless

make
make install   # as root

happy building,
Hamish