[GRASS5] Re: installing GRASS without fink

William K woklist at charter.net
Sat Dec 13 17:00:14 EST 2003

So, how are you getting Tcl/Tk Aqua to work with GRASS?  According to
the GRASS developers, my experience, and the experiences of others,
GRASS NEEDS an X-Windows build of Tcl/Tk.  Unless you use OpenOSX's
GRASS (which is at 5.0.2 right now).

Tcl/Tk for X11 is no big trouble to build.

If there are patches you're applying to GRASS to use Tcl/Tk Aqua, I'm
sure there are many who would like to know, and maybe they can be
incorporated in the GRASS source.