[GRASS5] Changes between 5.0.1 release and current CVS head

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Feb 3 07:59:06 EST 2003

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 05:26:08PM +1300, H. Bowman wrote:
> > > html/html/d.legend.html
> > > src/tcltkgrass/module/d.legend
> > > 	-o, maxfontsize=
> >
> > No. But the man page and module *should* reflect the program
>
> I'll get around to fixing these soon ..
>
> > (d.legend is now d.leg.thin).
>
> is it? Not knowing the history, I'm a little confused.
>
> from src/display/d.leg.thin/README [which I need to update as well]:
> "this is d.legend (formerly d.leg.thin)."
>
> and from src/display/d.legend/Attic/Gmakefile
> "FILE REMOVED [...]  replaced by d.leg.thin, which becomes d.legend"
>
> so d.legend was replaced by d.leg.thin, which is labeled and runs as
> d.legend if I've got that right.
>
> src/display/d.leg.thin builds into d.legend anyway. As the html & tcl
> files should match whatever the executable is named, and "d.legend"
> seems to me to be a more suitable name for the executable..
>

> I suppose all this is to reduce confusion between the new d.legend [aka
> d.leg.thin] and the old [4.3?] d.legend which was a different program???

Once upon a time there were d.legend *and* d.leg.thin (a try for a better
implementation of d.legend). Then I merged both, in fact I merged a few good
pieces of d.legend into d.leg.thin and renamed it in Gmakefile to d.legend
(to avoid user's confusion as a d.leg.thin without d.legend didn't make
sense).
That's why d.legend continued to live in src/display/d.leg.thin (but
in the Gmakefile it is called d.legend).

Yes, a bit confusing. But today only the directory name is confusing.

Hope this clarifies it. In 5.1 we should store it into
display/d.legend

Markus