[GRASS5] Changes between 5.0.1 release and current CVS head

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 12:01:20 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 09:13:32PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
> [...]

> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_kanimator.tcl
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/scripts/panel_main.tcl
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/anim_support.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/change_view.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/getCat.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/init_commands.c
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/interface.h
> > > src.contrib/GMSL/NVIZ2.2/src/position.c
> > > 	???
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> Mostly IRIX fixes from Paul, I think.

For some of the files yes that would be the most recent change, but the
bugs I fixed had only been introduced recently so there were other changes by
other people behind those.

> > > src/general/g.region/cmd/printwindow.c
> > > src/mapdev/v.in.gshhs/main.c
> > > src/misc/m.ll2db/main.c
> > > src/raster/r.sun/main.c
> > > src/raster/r.sunmask/g_solposition.c
> > > src/sites/s.datum.shift/main.c
> > > 	Don't call pj_zero_proj()
> >
> > Don't know (related to generalised datum transformations?)
>
> related to generalised datum transformations.
> What do you think, Paul?

Not tested enough yet. These are the modules that use proj but don't need
to do datum transformations. Need further changes in light of Bob's
testing.

> I have added this to avoid that GRASS continues when the user
> hits CTRL-C while defining a new location. I never liked that
> GRASS continues and generates a broken new location, when
> I try to stop the create-location procedure.
>
> So, IMHO yes.

But what if someone only wants to start GRASS so they can read the man
pages or use g.help? Or use another command that creates a location, like
r.in.gdal?

> > > src/libes/gis/ellipse.table
> > > 	Enable "sphere"
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Note that "sphere" doesn't seem to work (will have to retry).

What do you mean in particular? I could keep this in mind while I'm
looking over the projection functions, not promising anything though :-)

> > > src/misc/m.proj/geo_func.c
> > > src/misc/m.proj/local_proto.h
> > > src/misc/m.proj/main.c
> > > src/misc/m.proj/process.c
> > > src/misc/m.proj2/geo_func.c
> > > src/misc/m.proj2/input.c
> > > src/misc/m.proj2/local_proto.h
> > > src/misc/m.proj2/main.c
> > > src/misc/m.proj2/process.c
> > > 	???
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> m.proj might be completely taken off if datum transformation is accepted.
>
> m.proj2 fixes are from Eric and Paul.

I didn't change anything in m.proj2 except delete the line from the TODO
file that said a datum is silently ignored.

>         * src/raster/r.in.gdal/gdalbridge.h: Add declarations for
>         GDALGetDriver{Short,Long}Name, GDALGetDatasetDriver  [fix submitted
>         by Paul Kelly]
>
> IMHO yes.

This probably should have been on the release branch already.
r.in.gdal doesn't compile on IRIX otherwise.

> > > html/html/r.proj.html
> > > html/html/s.proj.html
> > > html/html/v.proj.html
> > > src/tcltkgrass/module/v.proj
> > > src/raster/r.proj/cmd/bordwalk.c
> > > src/raster/r.proj/cmd/main.c
> > > src/sites/s.proj/main.c
> > > src/mapdev/v.proj/local_proto.h
> > > src/mapdev/v.proj/main.c
> > > 	Generalised datum transformations
> >
> > Don't know.
>
> Paul

Well [rsv].proj seem to work fairly well but we still need to test a bit
more the other programs that use the proj library (see above). And there
will be further improvements. So if the aim of this is creating a new
ultra-stable release branch none of this should go in. But then it won't
really get tested.

I really like the idea of making releases from HEAD, and if someone
reports a bug we can fix it and tell them to get the next CVS snapshot.
But having stable releases is a good motivation for people to build
binaries for obscure platforms.

Paul