[GRASS5] r.resamp.rst

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Feb 18 11:02:35 EST 2003

Hello
Does anybody know why r.resamp.rst creates uncompressed output raster
maps? Line 85 of src/libes/rst_gmsl/interp_float/resout2d.c contains a
call to G_open_fp_cell_new_uncompressed() for the elevation file whereas
all the other calls are to G_open_fp_cell_new(). Is it all right to change
this to save space?

I also fixed a bug in r.resamp.rst where it had been really quite unusable
with maps that contained null cells. I think this might be the bug in
segmenting procedure referred to in src/raster/r.resamp.rst/BUGS. I'm not
sure though about the other reasons this module was disabled for.

Paul