[GRASS5] v.digit color name mismatch

cheg01 at attbi.com cheg01 at attbi.com
Mon Feb 24 20:39:03 EST 2003

This may be a philosophic issue rather than a software issue. When I look
at the Grass website I see the words "stable release" and "supported"
associated with 5.0.0 and the words "highly experimental" and "use at you
own risk" associated with 5.1.x. That is not going to encourage a quick
transistion to the next version by the average user. My guess is that many
users are more interested in having a stable GIS even if the functions are
limited than having ideal functionality with unknown stability. I
absolutely support all efforts to improve future versions of Grass, but I
think it is a bit early to abandon efforts to clean up 5.0.0, even in areas
where it is weak, only 5 months after it hit the streets as an official
release. This is just my opinion. I am not a programmer, just an interested
user. I have a hard enough time understanding the geographic part without
using experimental software.

BTW: all of the developers have done a magnificent job making GRASS what it
is today. Thanks.