[GRASS5] v.digit color name mismatch

Jaro Hofierka hofierka at geomodel.sk
Tue Feb 25 02:10:10 EST 2003

Hi,

I fully support your opinion. I am a developer but also a user and I
understand very well how important
is a stable and reliable system in critical projects. As a developer I
am a bit uncertain if I should work on modules
for grass5.1 or grass5.0 because some of grass5.0 modules have been
already transfered to grass5.1.
If I want to make some improvements to grass modules should I work on
grass5.0 or grass5.1 modules? As grass5.1 is
highly experimental and in some terms inreliable, I risk, as a user,
that  I will have to switch frequently between
grass5.0 and grass5.1. Moreover, a parallel development of identical
modules may cause future problems
and extra work to merge all updates in grass5.2.
It is clear that at some point in the future all development works for
grass5.0 must be stopped and all effort must be directed
to transition to grass5.2 (or grass5.1 stable). Otherwise we risk
wasting time and effort of many people.
Perhaps a core team of grass5.1 developers should keep grass5.1 as
minimal as possible in terms of number
of modules transferred from grass5.0 unless development of grass5.0 is
stopped.

Jaro