[GRASS5] mapserver

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Feb 25 17:50:33 EST 2003

Hi Francesco,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 10:37:43AM +0100, francesco wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> is anybody a mapserver-GRASS guru?
>
> I installed the new apache2 and all the stuff for mapserver-GRASS to work
> (PROJ, GDAL-OGR, libgrass5) and I followed very closely the instructions
> from Markus on how to set up the mapserver-GRASS Demo.
>
> The horrible thing is that it loads everything allright, but no way that I
> can see any raster or vector files whatsoever.  Instead of images I get the
> little icons and the alternate text ("Submit" where the images should be,
> and "Scalebar" and "Legend" where the corresponding pictures should be)
>
> Has anybody who installed mapserver and used it successfully  give me a hand?

this looks pretty much like a MapServer/Apache problem (not too much
GRASS related yet).

You may check if files are generated (in the tmp file of mapserver).
Be sure in the mapserver.map file, to have slashes here:

#temp data absolute path:
  IMAGEPATH /tmp/mapserver/
#temp data relative path:
  IMAGEURL "/tmp/"

at the end of the paths (yours may be different).

Good luck,

 Markus