[GRASS5] 5.0: CXX support added - r.terraflow
glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Feb 26 16:15:11 EST 2003
Markus Neteler wrote:
> I have just submitted a change to configure[.in] to
> optionally support CXX:
> added r.terraflow to the list of optional modules and
> changed it's Gmakefile to use $(CXX).
> I hope I did it right.
> Please try and fix directly in CVS, if needed.
I've made some changes:
1. Only call AC_PROG_CXX if --with-cxx is used, as failure to find a
working C++ compiler may cause the configure script to fail
2. Add entry for CXX to src/CMD/head/head.in.
3. Add entry for COMPILE_FLAGS_CXX to src/CMD/head/head.in.
4. Add definition for CXXFLAGS to src/CMD/generic/make.mid and
5. Change src/CMD/generic/gmake.sh to use $(CXXFLAGS) instead of
$(CFLAGS) for .cc files.
6. Add @CPPFLAGS@ to the definitions of COMPILE_FLAGS[_CXX] (not
specific to C++).
The r.terraflow Gmakefiles will need to be fixed, as:
a) they use $(CFLAGS) instead of $(CXXFLAGS), and
b) they use -Wall, which is gcc-specific.
> PS: If ok, may it go into 5.0.2 ?
The changes should be harmless; so long as --with-cxx isn't used,
nothing should be affected.
Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>
More information about the grass-dev