[GRASS5] working on g3d

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Thu Feb 27 09:09:15 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:39:23PM -0800, John Harrop wrote:
> I'm interested in continuing to help with this.  Its becoming a key part
> of our work integrating 3D geophysical inversion models with surface
> data.  We have even had some interest from the medical imaging community!

A suggestion concerning r3.mapcalc:
At time r.mapcalc and r3.mapcalc differ quite a bit as
the latter is based on the old r.mapcalc implementation
which was extended to a third dimension.

To somewhat simplify the future maintenance of r3.mapcalc,
were it a good idea to extend the new r.mapcalc
by
#define 3D
  3D-related code
#endif
to a third dimension and replace the current r3.mapcalc?

Of course this won't be done in an hour, but in the long
run it may be the better solution.

Just my 0.02 Euro

 Markus