[GRASS5] g3d notes and possible bugs

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jan 8 14:51:32 EST 2003

Eric G. Miller wrote:

> > > 2)  The Gmakefile for r3.showdspf.openGL in 5.0.0 exp is missing -lGLw
> > > and -lXm in the OGLLIB line.  This has been fixed in the release source,
> > > but not in the exp.
> >
> > I can tell nothing about the Gmakefile file.
> > I'm running:
> > GRASS-5.0_exp_2002_11_08 and
> > GRASS-5.0.0
> > and in no one of the two r3.showdspf.openGL/Gmakefile there are -lGLw
> > and -lXm in the OGLLIB line.
>
> Perhaps not, but they used to be added in the configure scripts
> specifically for this program.  Since it's such a hacky program and
> since the r3 stuff has this coordinate axes confusion, it was all
> "dropped" from standard grass builds until the problems could be
> fixed.  Hence, the GL widgets and motif checks disappeared from
> configure.in.

Actually, the checks are there, but you have to explicitly choose
--with-glw and --with-motif (both are disabled by default).

The relevant make variables are:

XMINC
XMLIB
OPENGLwINC
LGLWM

AFAICT, the correct usage is:

EXTRA_CFLAGS = $(OPENGLwINC) $(OPENGLINC) $(XMINC) $(XCFLAGS)

OGLLIB       = $(LGLWM) $(OPENGLULIB) $(OPENGLLIB) $(XLIBPATH) $(XMLIB) $(XTLIB) $(XLIB) $(XEXTRALIBS)