[GRASS5] datum transforms...

Morten Hulden morten at untamo.ngb.se
Mon Jan 13 01:26:40 EST 2003

On Sun, 12 Jan 2003, Paul Kelly wrote:

> src/libes/proj/pj_datums.c, pj_ellps.c:
> Corrected for more missing underscores in datum and ellipse names and
> filenames. In the standalone proj library versions of these files all
> the descriptive names have underscores instead of spaces: it looks like
> someone substituted all the underscores for spaces without checking. I
> suppose the problem didn't manifest itself before as GRASS passed raw
> ellipsoid parameters instead of names to proj wherever possible, but I
> have changed this behaviour now (see below, get_proj.c)

if the behaviour is changed to grass passing ellipsoid names to proj
instead of parameters we have to take care that grass' ellipsoid table
contains entries that proj can understand. last i looked there were a lot
of differences, not just in case (wgs84/WGS84), and abbreviations , but
many variants too.

and what about all ellipsoid names that people have in their
existing PROJ_INFO files? they have to be changed too to match names proj
uses.

Morten Hulden