[GRASS5] [bug #1502] (grass) r.mapcalc error

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Jan 13 09:22:53 EST 2003

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 11:16:39PM +0000, Glynn Clements wrote:
[...]
> > r.mapcalc "test=@map"
> > Segmentation fault
>
> Not for me, unfortunately. Can you reproduce the problem with a map
> from one of the sample locations (spearfish, global, etopo5 etc)? If
> not, can you provide a *small* location (in terms of file size) which
> demonstrates the problem?
>
> Failing that, can you get a backtrace? Either enable core files then
> use "gdb -c core" on the resulting core file, or run r.mapcalc under
> gdb, e.g.

Here we are:

G_quant_get_cell_value (q=0x80a9d28, dcellVal=0) at quant.c:700
/hardmnt/thuille1/ssi/cvsgrass_exp/src/libes/gis/quant.c:700:19329:beg:0x80641ad
(gdb)

I have stored the location (320kb) here:

http://mpa.itc.it/markus/tmp/rmapcalcUTM.tar.gz

The command crashing is:

r.mapcalc "test=@census1994dryUTM34S"
6%
Segmentation fault

Thanks for looking into this. The map was imported with r.in.shape.

 Markus