[GRASS5] Re: proj bugs

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:31:04 EDT 2003

Hello again

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, H Bowman wrote:

> > > Testing out the new New Zealand transforms:
> > >
> > > g.setproj Segfaults if a datum is already set. If you say "n" to the
> > > "specify a map datum for this location?" question it works, and you
> > > can run it again to set a new datum, but if you try and just change
> > > the transform params it segfaults.
> >
> > I can't seem to reproduce this. Can you post a sample of your
> > PROJ_INFO, PROJ_UNITS and DEFAULT_WIND files that you had prior to
> > running g.setproj?

Turns out it was platform-specific. Ran fine on IRIX but I got the bug
reproduced on Cygwin.
And it was my fault as well---while experimenting with using fixed length
strings and variable ones I must have left in some calls to free() that
shouldn't have been there and must have been corrupting the memory. Fixed
in CVS so hopefully should be better now. It is really good to be getting
all these bugs ironed out.

Paul