[GRASS5] Unofficial Grass 5.0.2 for Debian Woody available

Silke Reimer Silke.Reimer at intevation.de
Tue Jul 8 09:42:48 EDT 2003

Hi Giuseppe,

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003 at 07:40:43AM +0200, Nephero wrote:
> My name is Giuseppe Dia and I'm an Eng student at Palermo.
> I did an unofficial Grass 5.0.2 debian package for Woody. Actually
> it's based on Federico de Gregorio testing package, as I basically
> gave just an uupdate. But there are some other fixes I'd like to
> share, like a patch for a compilation error in the PNGdriver part,
> which now compiles and runs fine.

I am very pleased to read that there is a debian package of the
actual grass version now.
Are you in contact with Frederico to get the new debian package into
the official debian distribution? In my opinion it would be of great
value to replace grass5.0pre4 and additionally it would probably
save Frederico some work to base on your package instead of building
a new update package by himself.

> it's my personal repository. There you can find binary and source
> packages. Please note that the source tar.gz is not the same of
the
> official 5.0.2 as I made some fixes.

Perhaps you should copy the official source tar.gz to
grass_5.0.2.orig.tar.gz before building the debian package. A file
named grass_5.0.2-<release>.diff.gz will then automatically created.
So it would be easier to track down your changes.

Cheers and thanks again for your effort to update the package.

        Silke

--
Silke Reimer

Intevation GmbH                      http://intevation.de/