[GRASS5] Diffs for grass 5.0.2 package for debian woody now available.

Federico Di Gregorio fog at debian.org
Sat Jul 12 05:30:21 EDT 2003

Il ven, 2003-07-11 alle 19:48, Glynn Clements ha scritto:
> giuseppe wrote:
>
> > The diff against official grass-5.0.2_src.tar.gz are ready as promised. The
> > workstation is up and running and if things hold I hope to answer without
> > lag. The grass-5.0.2_src.tar.gz I used today to make the diffs is the same I
> > used when making  the source debian package. Today I downloaded:
> > ftp://grass.itc.it/pub/grass/grass5/source/grass-5.0.2_src.tar.gz
> > and made a cmp against my old grass-5.0.2_src.tar.gz to ensure they are the
> > same.
> >
> > As usually, you can find everything at:
> > http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/
> >
> > In particular:
> > http://ezralabs.esaurito.net/repository/debian/grass/grass_5.0.2-1.diff.gz
>
> Looking at the diff, I have a couple of questions:
>
> 1. "configure" has already been run, and lex/yacc source files have be
> processed to produce the intermediate C files. Is this due to Debian
> policy, or is it an artifact of the way that the package was produced?

it is an artifact.

[snip]
> 3. What is the purpose of debian/fixpaths.sh? The entire GRASS
> installation (i.e. everything under $prefix/grass5) is supposed to be
> relocatable. If the installation is moved, the only thing that should
> need to be changed is the definition of GISBASE in the grass5 script.

it is not. it embeds the grass install directory as an absolute path
into a lot of scripts. maybe 5.0.2 changed that but fixpaths.sh was
absolutely necessary in 5.0.0preX.

--
Federico Di Gregorio
Debian GNU/Linux Developer                                fog at debian.org
INIT.D Developer                                           fog at initd.org
                   Datemi uno spigolo. Che lo arrotondo tutto. -- <dani>