[GRASS5] [bug #2036] (grass) SEC: UNCLASSIFIED RE: GRASS IRIX binary version was installed in SGI Fuel Systems but the 'ESC' and 'Enter' keys of keyboard are disfunctional. Is there any advice how to make it work.

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Wed Jul 23 21:29:13 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2036

Subject: SEC: UNCLASSIFIED RE: GRASS IRIX binary version was installed in SGI Fuel Systems but the 'ESC' and 'Enter'  keys of keyboard are disfunctional. Is there any advice how to make it work.

Platform: Irix
grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
grass binary for platform: Downloaded precompiled Binaries
GRASS Version: 5.Opre3

Please enter error description here (and your name)

Enayet Ullah
Email: enayet.ullah at defence.gov.au

Hi GRASS users,

When GRASS5.Opre3 was run with the option '-text', the "Esc" key as well as some selection for "Enter" key is not accepted and the system hung. GRASS was installed on SGI Fuel system after downloading the binaries. The fuel envirnment options "env" shows LANG=C.  I have contacted SGI to check the keyboard type and it has not been changed from the ONYX or Indigo keyboard. I would like to know, whether other Fuel users have been experiencing the same or is there any remedy for such a problem.