[GRASS5] [bug #2036] (grass) SEC: UNCLASSIFIED RE: GRASS IRIX binary version was installed in SGI Fuel Systems but the 'ESC' and 'Enter' keys of keyboard are disfunctional. Is there any advice ho

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 07:23:58 EDT 2003

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Glynn Clements wrote:

> However, some systems (and I think that includes some IRIX systems)
> seem to wait forever.
>
> One possibility: you could try explicitly enabling the timeout, by
> adding the line:
>
> 	notimeout(stdscr, FALSE);
>
> to src/libes/vask/V_init.c.

I think we tried that before and it didn't work:
http://grass.itc.it/pipermail/grass5/2002-December/004473.html

But maybe it is worth taking the issue up with the vendor as a bug. I
think our support contract with SGI here at QUB has expired, but if, as
the bug report implies, the problem is still there on the latest models,
somebody with a current support contract etc. could take it further.