[GRASS5] Re: NVIZ cleanup (update)

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 10 15:36:38 EDT 2003

Can somebody confirm/test that there is still a problem with nviz top2
pannel
in RH9 under KDE (it does not open properly, see
http://skagit.meas.ncsu.edu/~helena/grasswork/grassprobl/nviztop2kde.jpg).
It works OK under gnome (that I use). I thought it was RH8 problem but
it still does it in KDE in RH9.

Bob, I will test the changes as soon as I come home on my home machine.
The nearclip/farclip
really make a lot of difference (e.g. with the current CVS version of
nviz,
a small raster 200x300 had lot of holes while the larger DEM with around
1000rc was perfect).
I will test the new constants with different sizes (should that optimum
ratio
be dependent on the size of the raster?)

Helena