[GRASS5] mailing list archives

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Jun 30 06:11:03 EDT 2003

Hello Markus

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Markus Neteler wrote:

> Finally I got it working. Now
> http://grass.itc.it/searchgrass.html
>
> is able to search in the mailing lists, but you have to enter (one time per
> session) the public password when clicking on a mailing list message.
>
> I hope that this is an acceptable solution for all.

Yes, it works and it does the job quite well. However, I suppose we can't
use it when the webserver is overloaded? The mailing lists aren't included
on the mirror sites.

It will work for now but I think as Bernhard says we can't really keep the
mailing list archives secret from the rest of the internet. It means people
are less likely to come across GRASS while searching for the solution to a
problem.

Paul