[GRASS5] Error building 5.1 CVS head on Solaris 8 sparc <solved>

cheg01 at attbi.com cheg01 at attbi.com
Mon Mar 17 00:58:08 EST 2003

In order to complete a build of grass51 CVS head on Solaris 8 Sparc I had
to make the following changes:

1) Remove "$(SOCKLIB) $(INTLLIB)" from the definition of GISLIB in
Grass.make.in. This was causing the "No rulle to make target" errors.

2) Change "test-e" to "test -x" in 2 places in /vector/v.ascii/Makefile.

3) Change the definition of "PQLIB" in Platform.make from "-lpq" to
"-lresolv".
I also had to add the full path to libpq.a since it is not in a default
library path in my systme. I added it to PQLIB because I did not know how
else to do it. I am running configure with the "--with-postgres-includes="
and "--with-postgres-libs=" options but the path to the library does not
show up in the make files for some reason.