[GRASS5] Error building 5.1 CVS head on Solaris 8 sparc <solved>

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Mar 17 04:37:08 EST 2003

On Monday 17 March 2003 06:58 am, you wrote:
> In order to complete a build of grass51 CVS head on Solaris 8 Sparc I had
> to make the following changes:
>
> 1) Remove "$(SOCKLIB) $(INTLLIB)" from the definition of GISLIB in
> Grass.make.in. This was causing the "No rulle to make target" errors.

We should probably remove $(SOCKLIB) from GISLIB and use it only in
Makefiles of modules using this library.

$(INTLLIB) - I don't know where is the right place for this,
Makefile of each module?

Real problem causing above error is that GISLIB is used somewhere
in Makefile as dependency, can you tell us where it is?

> 2) Change "test-e" to "test -x" in 2 places in /vector/v.ascii/Makefile.

OK, fixed.

> 3) Change the definition of "PQLIB" in Platform.make from "-lpq" to
> "-lresolv".
> I also had to add the full path to libpq.a since it is not in a default
> library path in my systme. I added it to PQLIB because I did not know how
> else to do it. I am running configure with the "--with-postgres-includes="
> and "--with-postgres-libs=" options but the path to the library does not
> show up in the make files for some reason.

PQLIBPATH is not defined in Platform.make after
./configure --with-postgres-libs=....  ?

Another problem is that PQLIBPATH is missing in Makefiles
and I am not sure if it should be added to VECTLIB or to define
new VECTLIBPATH and add that to each vector Makefile
or to put it in some other place.

Radim