[GRASS5] [bug #1758] (grass) d.vect.area: linecolor= should default to 'none'

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Wed Mar 26 00:23:37 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 11:21:41AM +0100, Request Tracker wrote:
> this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=1758
>
> Subject: d.vect.area: linecolor= should default to 'none'
>
> Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
> grass obtained from: Mirror of Trento site
> grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
> GRASS Version: 5.0.0
>
> d.vect.area uses a default linecolor= of black, which doesn't look
> good (artificially subtractive) unless you have specifically used
> "d.erase color=xxxx" first. It should instead default to 'none', which
> happens to be faster as well.
>
> Yes? No?

No.  This is a personal preference issue.  However, I think it is less
confusing for users to have it default to drawing area boundaries.
Otherwise, they'll start asking why d.vect.area just draws the whole
screen white (the default fill color).  And since white is the default
fill color, black seems the natural line color.  Using black also
works for the random fill, since it doesn't use black as a fill color.

If people want finer control, it's there in the form of "legend" files.
And, as you noted, linecolor=none turns off the line drawing as well.

--
echo ">gra.fcw at 2ztr< eryyvZ .T pveR" | rot13 | reverse