[GRASS5] Grass 5 new releases

Thierry Laronde tlaronde at polynum.com
Sun Nov 9 12:21:43 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:09:11PM +0100, Michael Barton wrote:

> IMHO: As an aside and in response to the concern over the GRASS user
> base and attracting programmers to the team, there may be considerable
> 'pent-up-demand' for GRASS on Mac OSX platforms. After making GIS
> packages available for Mac users in the 1990's, both ESRI and MapInfo
> abandoned the Mac platform several years later. GRASS has a golden
> opportunity to expand its user base here.

The same is almost true for Unix based, since some major vendors have
simply dropped all support (for example Intergraph, which has made
some desastrous strategic choices in the past (leaving RISC and Unix
for i386 and being swept out of the market)... and now sticks to M$
products... It seems I'm not ready to be a CEO because my brains are
unable to understand some things...;).

Cordialement,
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde at polynum.org>