[GRASS5] Just some questions

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Wed Nov 12 04:19:57 EST 2003

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Jens Oberender wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I have just two questions about grass (5.7 as it's the devel path).
>
> 1. Why is grass not build shared as standard and an alternative as
> static version? (likely because it comes from some old ugly system)
>
> 2. Why is the directory structure in the sources and the installed files
> that chaotic? (likely it's grown that way)
>
> What about cleaning these things up and using GNU autotools for building.

(was that three questions?) Very good questions too, we really hope that
you will join the efforts too, all help is valuable. If you track
discussion on this list, you will see lots of similar questions. Choose a
particular itch and scratch it, and be sure to contribute your
experiences!

> I hope you don't kill me now.

Not kill, invite!

Roger