[GRASS5] NVIZ updates

Helena hmitaso at unity.ncsu.edu
Thu Nov 13 20:44:19 EST 2003

Bob,

I updated my CVS GRASS with your nviz updates and nviz crashes
when I give it an elevation file - either on the command line or
through the interface - when it is computing the normals.
It runs OK if I open it as nviz -q and give it just a constant (plane) surface.
I will try with some other data, but maybe somebody else could try it too
to see whether it is my data or a bug. (the data worked fine with the previous
version of nviz).

Also, how do you have this linked with GRASS5.7 - are you maintaining two separate versions?

thank you,

Helena

translating colors from fp
global-exag = 1.000000
recalculating normals...
100
200
child killed: segmentation violation
     while executing
"exec /home/helena/grasscvs53/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f /home/helena/grasscvs53/grass5/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -q -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
     ("eval" body line 1)
     invoked from within
"eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script $argv -name NVIZ >&@stdout"
     invoked from within
"if {$argv == ""} {
#no arguments
eval exec $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/NVWISH2.2 -f $env(GISBASE)/etc/nviz2.2/scripts/nviz2.2_script -name NVIZ >&@stdo..."
     (file "/home/helena/grasscvs53/grass5/bin/nviz" line 16)