[GRASS5] i.points and i.rectify question

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Nov 16 06:54:15 EST 2003

In versions 5.0.x and 5.3 are the 2 modules i.points and i.points3. The
documentation for both versions of GRASS discuss the associated
programs i.rectify and i.rectify3. However, there does not seem to be a
module i.rectify3 anywhere. Some months back, before I realized that
i.rectify3 was missing, I tried both i.points and i.points3 and found
i.points3 to be a better program in several respects. However, the
output file it creates (image xy and georeferenced coordinate pairs)
seems to be ONLY in lat long and does not work with i.rectify. This was
a major headache.

Has anyone else run into this? Is there any way to "rectify" this
problem? ;-)
C. Michael Barton, Professor
Department of Anthropology
PO Box 872402