[GRASS5] i.points and i.rectify question

Bob Covill bcovill at tekmap.ns.ca
Sun Nov 16 19:31:42 EST 2003

Hello,

There is a difference between i.rectify (& i.points) and i.rectify3.
Unfortunately, I have never figured out which one is "more" correct. I
think that i.rectify3 post dates i.rectify and was intended to replace it??

The i.rectify3 and i.points3 programs both use the image3 library in
src/libes. This library utilizes the proj library and converts
coordinates on the fly between lat. long. and the users coordinate
system. Unfortunately, i.rectify3 is not built by default, but the
source is still there.

We probably need to decide which set of programs is more up to date (and
accurate). My preference has been i.points3 and i.rectify3 but I may be
way off on this.

--
Bob Covill