[GRASS5] Re: missing mapinfo support

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Sat Nov 22 11:55:34 EST 2003

Hi Michael,

Your MapInfo conversion instructions were tremendously helpful.  Thank you
so much for posting them.  I was just about to go digging for the missing
MIF import routines, so telling me they are broken (and intentionally
omitted) just saved me a headache.

A question:  Your "Alternate 2" (converting to a shape file) seems much
simpler than "Alternate 1" for importing lines and polygons.  Is there a
downside to doing the shapefile conversion?

And everyone else:  Let me echo Michael's Plea:  If there's a better way,
please speak up!

Thanks again,

Allan