[GRASS5] a question about grass 5 tcltk interface

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sat Nov 22 13:04:25 EST 2003

This is probably a trivial question, but is something that can get
annoying. It seems that every time I open the grass tcltk interface all
the windows get larger vertically by some amount. If I don't do a

 >config>module windows>automatic size for all active windows

just about every time I run grass, the tcltk module windows grow right
off the screen. It doesn't matter if I try to save config. In the next
session, they begin to grow again.

It seems like there is some kind of window size variable that is
automatically incrementing in the y-dimension every time grass is
initialized. Am I the only person with this strange behavior? Is there
some way to stop the growing windows in one of the tcltk files?

Thanks.

Michael Barton
C. Michael Barton, Professor
Department of Anthropology