[GRASS5] Announcement: viewproj

Wallace, Beverly T beverly.t.wallace at lmco.com
Fri Oct 17 19:57:11 EDT 2003

GRASS community,

Viewproj is now available in src.contrib/LM/viewproj.

The viewproj programs allow GRASS users to display lat/lon data in a variety of view projections.

The viewproj programs are:
	d.auto.viewproj
		Automatically set the view projection and adjust the region
	d.set.viewproj
		Set the view projection using PROJ parameters
	d.mon.viewproj
		Associate the view projection with the monitor
	d.rast.viewproj
		Display a raster map in the view projection
	d.vect.viewproj
		Display a vector map in the view projection
	d.grid.viewproj
		Display a grid in the view projection

See the src.contrib/LM/viewproj/html pages for descriptions and examples.

I have tested viewproj with Solaris 9 and Red Hat Linux, for both the stable (with internal PROJ) and experimental (with external PROJ) versions of GRASS.

If there are any problems or questions, please let me know.

--
Bev Wallace
Lockheed Martin, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
beverly.t.wallace at lmco.com