[GRASS5] [bug #2083] (grass) tcl/tk processes hang

Request Tracker grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Sep 2 14:21:45 EDT 2003

this bug's URL: http://intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=2083

Subject: tcl/tk processes hang

Platform: GNU/Linux/i386
grass obtained from: Trento Italy site
grass binary for platform: Compiled from Sources
GRASS Version: 5.0.2

Sometimes when I run zoom in on a map set or query a mapset with a mouse the process "hangs".
I know this because I will try to run a command and the output window does not pop up.
If I run a ps ax command I can see a process running for a command.  When I kill that process I can run the command that I had wanted to and a window pops up
with the following message:

invalid command ".d_what_rastbutton7"
while executing
$path configure -text Run -fg blue -activefourground blue

(procedure reader line 11)
invoked from within

"reader file5 .d_what_rastbutton7  (d.what.rast map=only)  -1"

What is wrong?

Donald Harter