[GRASS5] Re: 5.0.3 release candidate 1

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Sep 4 18:04:07 EDT 2003

Markus Neteler wrote:

> > For gcc, use the "unused" attribute:
> >
> > 	#ifndef __GNUC__
> > 	#define __attribute__(x)
> > 	#endif

> > 	static const char *GRASS_copyright = "GRASS GNU GPL licensed Software"
> > 		__attribute__((unused)) ;
>
> Will you apply this to CVS?

Committed to HEAD; given that this merely suppresses warnings, I'm not
sure that it should go into the release branch yet (breaking gis.h
would break absolutely everything).

For good measure, I've also added:

	__attribute__((format(printf,1,2)))

to the declarations of G_fatal_error() and G_warning() in gisdefs.h,
so gcc will detect if the arguments don't match the specifiers in the
format string.