[GRASS5] Fwd: Re: [GRASSLIST:1204] Compilation errors

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Sep 12 18:28:23 EDT 2003

Bill Dickinson Jr wrote:

> Paul Kelly and Glynn Clements have been helping me out with this, and
> suggested I need to send part of the make error log so we can figure
> out what's going on. The error log is attaches as build.rtf

Also, the attachment was BinHex encoded. I don't think that any of us
have Macs, so we can't actually extract the .rtf file, and probably
wouldn't be able to read a .rtf file even if we could extract it.

Send the data as plain text, either in the body of the message or as
MIME attachment using a standardard encoding (i.e. either 7bit, 8bit
or base64). If it's large, compressing it with "gzip" is definitely
OK, compressing it with "zip" is probably OK, but anything
Mac-specific isn't.