[GRASS5] Solaris GRASS 5.1, shared libraries, external PROJ

Wallace, Beverly T beverly.t.wallace at lmco.com
Wed Sep 17 17:28:11 EDT 2003

Dear GRASS Developers,

I have at last successfully built GRASS 5.1 (2003_09_06) on Solaris 9.  Thank you to everyone who gave me advice.

The ps/ps.map/Makefile needs Proj includes:
EXTRA_INC = $(VECT_INC) $(PROJINC)

In order to run grass51, I needed to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find the shared libraries in dist.$ARCH/lib and the external PROJ.4 lib.  This was not mentioned in the INSTALL file.

Would it be OK to add --with-proj=PROJDIR to configure?  PROJDIR is the path to PROJ.4 (above bin, include, and lib).  Then configure could look for include and lib under PROJDIR and lib/proj/Makefile could use NAD2BIN = $(PROJDIR)/bin.

- Bev

Bev Wallace
Lockheed Martin, Sunnyvale, CA, USA
beverly.t.wallace at lmco.com