[GRASS5] Solaris GRASS 5.1, shared libraries, external PROJ

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Thu Sep 18 03:37:29 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 17 September 2003 23:28, Wallace, Beverly T wrote:
> Dear GRASS Developers,
>
> I have at last successfully built GRASS 5.1 (2003_09_06) on Solaris 9.
> Thank you to everyone who gave me advice.
>
> The ps/ps.map/Makefile needs Proj includes:
> EXTRA_INC = $(VECT_INC) $(PROJINC)

OK, done in cvs.

> In order to run grass51, I needed to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to find the shared
> libraries in dist.$ARCH/lib and the external PROJ.4 lib.  This was not
> mentioned in the INSTALL file.

This is done in etc/Init.sh:
if [ ! "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ] ; then
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib
  export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
else
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$GISBASE/lib
fi

this section is identical to 5.0, but why it is exported only
in the first case, would not be better

if [ ! "$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ] ; then
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$GISBASE/lib
else
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$GISBASE/lib
fi

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and is it necessary to test if $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is defined,
is it ':/some/path' error?

Maybe you are not running GRASS within regular session?
BTW, you can run applications without $GISRC and user mapset.
(example in GRASS++ and QGIS)

Radim