[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:1313] Re: datum transformation and r.proj

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 04:48:53 EDT 2003

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003, Glynn Clements wrote:

> 5.3 is the development version of 5.0. It will include anything which
> is added to the 5.0 branch (although such changes will typically go
> into 5.3 initially, then get merged into the 5.0 branch later), plus
> some other changes which are too intrusive to go into the 5.3.x
> releases (e.g. because they break backwards compatibility, or
> introduce additional dependencies).

To reduce confusion, I think the version number for the CVS HEAD should
say
GRASS 5.3-cvs
rather than
GRASS 5.3.0-cvs (September 2003)
as it is now.

This ties in with Glynn's last paragraph above where there should be no
third number in the version, and no date, as the version does not correspond
to an official release.

If an experimental release is to be made from the CVS HEAD, the
src/CMD/version file can be temporarily changed to something like the
second format above, the files tagged, and then changed back again.

Anybody agree?