[GRASS5] New TclTk interface for GRASS 5

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Thu Apr 1 14:12:38 EST 2004

For the past couple months, I've been developing an update to the
venerable TclTk menu system for GRASS 5. Besides reorganizing the menu
hierarchy, I've added all the rest of the GRASS commands that are not
in the standard menus (about 200 new ones in all) along with commands
to produce fairly nice looking output from GRASS screens as graphic
image files you can paste into other applications (in *.xwd, *.tiff [8
bit color], and *.png formats).

It has been tested pretty extensively and will soon go into the CVS for
GRASS 5.3. It is designed for GRASS 5.3, but should work pretty well
for GRASS 5.0.3 also (except where GRASS 5.3 modules have new options
not available in GRASS 5.0.x). If you'd like to use it with your
current GRASS installation, you can download the complete menus (as a
*.tar.gz file) along with instructions for installing them at

http://www.public.asu.edu/~cmbarton/grass.htm

If you have any questions, let me know.

Enjoy!

Michael Barton