[GRASS5] bug reports for GRASS 5.7

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Apr 5 05:24:32 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 April 2004 20:48, Michael Barton wrote:
> **********************************
>
> v.reclass
>
> Is there no access to interactive rule-based reclassification? Is using
> a file the only option?

Yes.

> The command seems to require either a rules
> file or 'specifying a column'. But it is unclear what happens if you
> specify a column. I did so and the module ran, saying it had created a
> new reclassification, but there seems no specification for what is
> reclassified. I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it is not running as I
> might normally expect it to.

Values from that column are used as new categories, the column must be integer.
I have updated description.

> **********************************
> s.in.ascii
> Actually imports ascii files to vector points (not "sites"). Also, it
> ignores any values after the xy(z) dimensions. That is, no attributes
> imported. This is not a bug per se, but it seems that a way to input an
> ascii file with xyz dimensions, plus attributes is a good thing to
> have. The name should be changed perhaps. (v.points.in.ascii?)

s.in/out.ascii modules are there only for tests of sites library which in fact
reads/writes vectors. Both s.in/out.ascii will be removed once all modules
using sites are rewritten to vectors.

I agree that a module which can import ascii points is useful.
v.in.ascii output= can import x|y[|z]|cat from stdin.
We can add attributes, but tell me how to define column names and types.
It could be the part of SQL statement for create table?

> **********************************
>
> v.digit still won't accept commands for its background from the startup
> GUI dialog. Here is the error.
>
> v.digit map=national_forest bgcmd=d.rast map=public_private -n
> Map does not exist.
> New empty map created.
> Illegal vector map name <national_forest,public_private>. Character <,>
> not allowed.
> ERROR: Map name not SQL compliant.
>
> This WILL work from the command line (but not GUI dialog) if written
> like this
> v.digit map=national_forest bgcmd='d.rast map=public_private' -n

I guess that TclTk 'open' function separates parameters by spaces and
ignores quoting.

> **********************************
>
> v.select
> The input buttons do not update to show current location and mapset. I
> don't know where they get their input. They were showing a location I
> was working a session or 2 ago.

GRASS variables are read when the GUI is started, you have to close and reopen
GUI if mapset is changed.

> Also, the check boxes are confusing.
> They don't indicate which vector file they are referring to.

Because parameter name is not used, description must be extended.
How to identify both vectors? 'a','b' or 'A', 'B' or '1.','2.' or ???

> r.proj
> Needs browse buttons to find raster maps

Database and location are not known, so it is impossible to browse maps.

Radim