[GRASS5] Re: embedding GRASS display into my app

Stefan Paulick stefan.paulick at urbeli.com
Tue Apr 6 22:46:59 EDT 2004

Hello David,

I'm working on a simmilar problem. I try to do content control and
visualisation from at second PC running Windows2000. This application is
programmed with Agilent VEE, a programming environment mainly used for
instrument control but also able to handle most of the other pc stuff. It
does handle C routines written as a dll very good, but unfortunately it is
not available for linux.

Looks to me that grass is grown around the user's keyboard (sorry for that
if I'm wrong!) so there would be the need for writing a interface both to
send and collect the grass in/output. I will do that around TCP/IP so I can
use this functionallity both local and remote on the w2k pc.

The hint earlier using png output should be perfect for the first shot.

I never thougth about learning tcltk, because it looks to me that I have to
built everyting from the scratch which is eating too much time & I'm not
very fond of learning it, too (Generation M$, grown up with Turbo-Pascal 3
;_)) ).

I'm not shure now if my approach is useful, so any comment on this would be
cordially welcome.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With kindest regards

Stefan Paulick

stefan.paulick at urbeli.com
http://www.urbeli.com