[GRASS5] Re: [GRASSLIST:3145] Re: assigning colors

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 10:23:48 EDT 2004

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004, Markus Neteler wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 03:48:59PM +0100, Paul Kelly wrote:
> > On Mon, 12 Apr 2004, David Mahoney wrote:
> >
> > > An easier way is use the 'rules' option of r.colors.
> > >

> > As far as I can see there is no reason why i.smap should not copy the
> > colours from the training map onto the classified map. Has anybody else
> > thought about this before? I even thought of adding that functionality but
> > didn't get round to it and don't need to use i.smap very much anyway.
> > But it might be an idea.
>
> Please do, Paul! It sounds to be very userfriendly.

Actually it would be a big job as the format of the signature file and the
imagery library would need to be modified to hold the colour table. I don't
even know if the file format is extensible and there must have been a good
reason to leave out the colours in the first place, as it does seem an obvious
thing to do.

So, maybe time to look at it again once someone comes up with a good
reason why there is no colour table support there currently.

Paul.