[GRASS5] New tcltkmenu

Sjors jkwast at freeler.nl
Sun Apr 18 07:52:48 EDT 2004

Hi Glynn,

This didn't work for me. Although I've succesfully installed the package
I'm just trying to be precise.

>The README.txt file appearst to be in "Microsoft Unicode" format:
>
>	$ file README.txt
>	README.txt: Little-endian UTF-16 Unicode English character data, with very long lines
>
>It's essentially UTF-16, except with a "byte-order mark" (0xfeff) at
>the start of the file.
>
>You can convert it to ASCII with:
>
>	dd if=README.txt bs=2 skip=1 | iconv -f UTF-16 -t US-ASCII

I get this error message:

1660+0 records in
1660+0 records out
iconv: illegal input sequence at position 0

I've looked at the manpages of dd and iconv but could not get any wiser.
If run with skip=0 the text is printed to standard out, ie in my case my
xterm.

Greetings Sjors