[GRASS5] statistics in GRASS

Scott Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Sun Apr 18 16:29:26 EDT 2004

The problem with r.statistics is that it's limited to integer data.
The other three tools have been updated to floating point.  I was going
to start by making a floating point r.statistics with at least mean,
median and mode, then work on getting other statistics in there too.  I
have another old module around that is very similar to r.statistics but
with slightly different options available - it also started as integer
only and I had started making it floating point compatible - then I
discovered these other modules and wanted to stop reinventing the
wheel.