[GRASS5] [bug #2388] (grass) Hungarian National projection system and grid (EOV)

Paul Kelly via RT grass-bugs at intevation.de
Tue Apr 27 12:58:20 EDT 2004

csontliszt at freemail.hu wrote (Thu, Apr 22 2004 12:28:20):

> Dear Paul,
>
> Thank you for your initial positive attitude towards our
> request. We checked the homepage, but the things there are
> like Chinese to us:).  I have a book in Hungarian that
> contains some description of the Hungarian projection sytem
> (EOV). It consists of some basic data I think understand
> (like the radius of the reference ellipsoid and things like
> that) and a nice set of long equations that I cannot follow.

The most important thing is to be able to represent the projection in the
PROJ.4 system. This is an external library used by GRASS for its projection
support. Look at http://remotesensing.org/proj/ for some hints. If you don't
get the information you need there you could try asking on the PROJ.4 mailing
list. Somewhere there may know what projection is used in Hungary and how to
formulate it in PROJ.4  format or may able to work it out from the equations
and information you can give.